Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
An oldie but goodie, just like me. Good for breakfast, also good as a snack cake (3 loaves).
Make and share this Applesauce Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour (I use Bakers Joy) 3 8x4 inch loaf pans or 1 Bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding mix, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add applesauce, oil, eggs and water.
- Beat with electric mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans/pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes for loaf pan or 1 hour for Bundt pan or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan.
- No frosting needed, can sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
I needed a dessert in a hurry tonight and I had a blueberry muffin mix and a half of a pudding mix left from the last pudding cake. I halved the rest of the ingredients and baked in in an 8x8 pan for about 10 min less (i don't know exactly) and it turned out great - lovely and moist. Thanks for posting this recipe. Next time I make it I will increase the spices a bit.
This is an excellent cake made in a Bundt pan. It's not very sweet, but tastes good with confectioners sugar. I even used it as low-fat "strawberry shortcake" once, served with strawberries and cream! I'd say to bake it (in a Bundt pan) for 50-55 minutes, not one hour.