Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Spices of the World Cookbook by McCormick. Copyright 1964. Is just as good without the raisins and pecans too!
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with the applesauce.
- Toss the raisins with the 1 tablespoon flour.
- Stir raisins and pecans into batter.
- Pour into a well greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack.