Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came from another website for 50+ Friends Club Cookbook, Cooking For a Crowd.
- 2 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 10 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups applesauce
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Place margarine, sugar, cinnamon and applesauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream on medium speed until smooth and free of lumps.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture, Gradually add sifted dry ingredients, and water.
- Pour mixture into well sprayed baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until knife comes out clean.