1/1 Photo of Applesauce Cake
This is my Nanna's recipe. Which has become a holiday tradition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray or grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- 3In a large bowl cream butter and sugar.
- 4Add egg and mix.
- 5In a small bowl put hot applesauce.
- 6Dissolve the 1 teaspoons baking soda in 1 teaspoons hot water and put this on top of the applesauce and mix it.
- 7Add applesauce to large bowl.
- 8Sift all dry ingredients and add to large bowl and mix.
- 9Add vanilla and mix.
- 10Stir in raisins.
- 11Bake for 45 minutes.
- 12A pan with water on the lower rack will help keep it moist.
- 13Frost with a buttercream frosting.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Cake
Serving Size: 1 (977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3020.1
- Calories from Fat 906
- Total Fat 100.6 g
- Saturated Fat 60.6 g
- Cholesterol 455.5 mg
- Sodium 3282.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 519.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 293.1 g
- Protein 31.7 g