Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low fat brownies made with applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oil, applesauce and cocoa.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured (or wax paper lined & sprayed) 9 inch square pan.
- Bake about 20 to 30 minutes or until top is set but edges are not dried out. Toothpick will come out clean.
- Cut into 16 or more squares.
I wasn't too crazy about these brownies. They were rather dry and that was cooking them for the minimum 20 minutes. Husband took one bite and wouldn't eat any more. Sorry - I really wanted to like these!