Recipe by Jennika
This is a recipe that is lower in fat than most brownie recipes yet still tastes VERY good. This is the only brownie recipe I use in my home. It is easy to make and will satisfy your brownie craving!
Top Review by rabbithall
These were unexpected winners. Surprised at how moist (but not gooey) these were without shortening. I mixed the wet ingredients in blender then added this to the dry in the stand mixer. So quick to make. I added 1 tsp cinnamon and substituted dried mixed berries for the nuts. Don't know how I'll keep my mitts off these for the rest of the day.
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 8 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt; mix well.
- Whisk together egg whites, egg, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Mix until blended, but DON'T overmix.
- Pour into greased 8 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.