Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From FFA/HERO cookbook.
- 12 slices raisin bread, trimmed
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- Cut bread into quarters.
- Layer 1/3 of the bread and 1 cup applesauce in buttered 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar and lemon rind in bowl, beating until well blended.
- Pour over bread.
- Place in pan with 1-inch boiling water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.