Recipe by blancpage
I found this on the back of a bag of Fry's brand Dark Brown Sugar and wanted to post for safekeeping and to share with the 'Zaar community. I have not tried this yet, but please let me know how you like it.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This makes up into a very moist bread, but a little non-descript, if you know what I mean! Maybe I should have jazzed it up a bit more with raisins or dried cranberries! Still, when I served it up with a peach sauce, that added to it! Another time I might use chunky applesauce & maybe some dried, tart Fuji apples! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, coursely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x5x3-inch pan.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, applesauce and raisin bran. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- Stir vegetable oil, brown sugar, and nuts into cereal mixture. Add all at once to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Turn into loaf pan. Bake 60 - 70 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 1 loaf.