Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes the most moist bread. I made these in mini loaf pans for gifts one Christmas and the were quite popular. It's also a great way to use your applesauce!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter and sugar till light, beat in egg.
- Stir in flour, soda, spices, and salt.
- Beat in applesauce, then raisins and nuts.
- Pour into greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 350° for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove from pan, may sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes one loaf.
This bread is very flavorful and moist! Made the recipe exactly as written and it came out perfect!
This is a 5 star recipe. I made this for my Dad and sense Mom died no body has been able to bake as well as her. But Dad loved this bread and said it was as good as moms.
Love this bread. It was so easy to make and I made it using my bread machine. Came out moist. My family loved it the only thing I added was a little bit of brown sugar because My apple sause was unsweetened.