Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes the most moist bread. I made these in mini loaf pans for gifts one Christmas and the were quite popular. It's also a great way to use your applesauce!
- Cream butter and sugar till light, beat in egg.
- Stir in flour, soda, spices, and salt.
- Beat in applesauce, then raisins and nuts.
- Pour into greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 350° for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove from pan, may sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes one loaf.
This bread is very flavorful and moist! Made the recipe exactly as written and it came out perfect!
This is a 5 star recipe. I made this for my Dad and sense Mom died no body has been able to bake as well as her. But Dad loved this bread and said it was as good as moms.
well I started this recipe with homemade applesauce on the soft chunky side with cinnamon no sugar added, so we will see how it turns out, I had no nutmeg so i used allspice instead, my bread turned out so moist and very tasty, I'm going to use this recipe from now on for my applesauce bread. And I will use it for gife's at christmas as well