Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A healthy tasty breakfast muffin with lots of good fiber.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Oh my this recipe came at exactly the right time. I am trying to clean out the fridge (because we go away for the winter) and needed to use up some odds and ends. This recipe must have been made for me. Thanks for making my leftovers healthy.
- 2 cups all-bran cereal (All-Bran or 100% Bran)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add the bran cereal, milk, applesauce, molasses, oil, and eggs; whisk together to combine.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add in the raisins and apple; toss to coat.
- Add the bran mixture to the flour mixture; fold in until dry ingredients are just moistened; do not overmix.
- Spray muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-22 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.