Recipe by smelly0610
Another sparkpeople.com favorite. I like sharing their recipes, they are all so good. This one is slightly altered, though.
Top Review by Shy617
I halved this, used splenda brown sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla and added 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries and it was AWESOME! Even the picky kids loved it! Which means it's a keeper. Thanks so much
- 1 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (Motts Natural)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- raisins (optional) or nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the cereal in water for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the cereal mixture with the applesauce and egg whites, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl measure and whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. Add nuts or raisins if desired.
- Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough. Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pan.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar and top each muffin with some of the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan, cool and enjoy.
- These can be frozen and reheated in the microwave for a quick breakfast.