Recipe by weekend cooker
Great for gift giving, and on toast. This also is a nice fragrant air freshener.
Top Review by pamela t.
Very nice aroma while cooking, and a good flavor. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not--I followed the recipe exactly but mine never did thicken like apple butter should. The taste was great but the consistancy was off. Made for Football Pool 2012
- 1 (108 ounce) can unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine applesauce, and cider in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add spices, and cook for an additional 1 hour.
- Sterilize cup, or pint size jars, and heat the lids.
- Fill jars with apple butter. Clean rims with a damp paper towel. Put on lids.
- Place in canner, and cook according to the manufacturers instructions.