Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
a great butter for toast, or bread
- 3 quarts unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups sugar, depending on your taste
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 8-10 hours, and remove lid during the last 4 hours.
- Continue to let it cook, stirring occasionally.
What a winner. Loved the how easy it was to make as well as how good it made the house smell while it was cooking and then the taste yum. Did cut the recipe by a third and made in a mini crockpot and used half Splenda and half sugar. Applesauce Apple Butter has gone into the keeper file and will be made again. Thanks so much for the post.
The only problem is that you have to wait so long. Well worth the wait, but it is hard to smell those great smells for 10 hours and not get hungry. Flavor is great.
Made for gift-giving because I love Christmas...and cinnamon...and cloves...some ginger...and mostly when they're all combined.