Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is another variation of squash casserole, but the applesauce makes it lighter than most. Easy to make and very tasty! Prep time includes time to cook fresh squash.
- Mix together applesauce, brown sugar, salt, heavy cream, squash, nutmeg, 4 Tbsp of the melted butter, and eggs.
- Place in buttered, 1 1/2 quart, shallow casserole.
- Mix together bread crumbs, remaining 2 Tbsp butter, and almonds.
- (This can be made a day ahead up to this point.) Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Or it can be frozen and baked later at 375 degrees for 55-65 minutes (if still frozen).