Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We use this spread on bagels, toast, tortilla roll ups and for sandwiches. Since applesauces / apple butter and peanut butter vary by brands you'll have to adjust for the differences regionally. This recipe is presented as a spread, though you can adjust the amounts and use it as a dip.
- 177.44 ml applesauce (smooth or chunky) or 177.44 ml apple butter
- 59.14 ml peanut butter, more as needed for desired consistency (smooth or chunky style)
Options are to taste
- toasted chopped nuts
- toasted coconut
- your favourite chopped firm fruit (or dried fruit )
- almond extract
- Smooth method - Blender or electric hand mixer: blend together with any options till smooth.
- Chunky Style method - using a wooden spoon, mix gently, then mix in any options.
- Cover and refrigerate any unused portions.
What a great combination! I loved this dip! So creamy, fruity and peanutty, very good for dipping! I used a home-made low salt, low sugar pb and loved it.
Instead of adding in dried fruit, I swirled some strabwerry jam on top. Mmmm!
Thank you so much for sharing this great, easy recipe with us, peachez!
Made and reviewed for Think Pink October 2012.
I used only homemade applesauce and creamy peanut butter. No addition. I stirred it with a whisk. This is so good. Thanks peachez :) Made for Basement tag game