Recipe by buttercup0009
You'd never think that you could make ornaments from applesauce and cinnamon... but it actually works! They smell yummy, but I don't suggest eating them!!! I guess you could though! Don't blame me if they taste bad though!!! lol! I just wanted to show you all a good 'ornament' recipe!
Top Review by lauralie41
Like one of the other reviewers I also had trouble working with the dough. We used 7 tablespoons of applesauce and the dough was very crumbly, didnt want to hold together well at all. Added another tablespoon or so of applesauce and had a dough we could work with. We did end up with about 12 or more ornaments but that will depend on the size of the cookie cutters. One tip, do not roll the dough real thin, the cut outs will be hard to work with. My 11 year old nephew helped me and this was a fun project for both of us.
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out the cinn.
- and put in a med.
- sized bowl.
- Heat the appleauce for about thirty sec.
- in the microwave.
- Transfer the applesauce to the bowl w/ the cinn.
- and mix until dough forms.
- Now transfer to your countertop and roll out.
- (You may want to add a little more cinnamon so that it dosen't stick!) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and start cutting out the ornaments using reg.
- cookie cutters or Christmas cookie cutters.
- Make sure you poke a hole in the top of each ornament and transfer them to a baking sheet.
- (Carefully I might add!) Bake for thirty minutes on the first side.
- After thirty miutes.
- turn over and bake another thirty minutes.
- One last time, flip and bake thirty minutes.
- Let them cool completely, paint, and loop a string through the tiny hole at the top.
- You're done!