Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a straight-forward apple sauce with no fancy ingredients. Just great apples and time.
- If you have a ricer, quarter and core the apples.
- Place apples in crockpot and cover with water.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top as desired.
- After apples have cooked, mill through ricer removing skin and crushing.
- Sugar to taste.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- If you don't have a ricer, peel apples and proceed as directed, mashing apples after they are soft.
- My nephew insists on having this with baked ham!
This is so good. I used Winesap apples, straight from the orchard, peeled and cut in chunks. I covered with water, and cooked in a large pan, I needed to get them done within a few hours. I didn't need to add any sugar, they were perfect!!! Thanks!
Good applesauce! I added way to much water. Apparently, apples float, lol. I had to cook for about 16 hours to get to an applesauce consistency, which caused my applesauce to turn a dark brown. My kids wouldn't eat it plain, but I added it to muffins and pancakes! Thanks for a good recipe I will use again, just being mindful of the amount of water!
nice and simple....i'm going to eat mine with baked oatmeal.