Recipe by ellie_
This sounded like a more interesting applesauce than Mott's or the other store bought applesauce and so easy too. Recipe source: The Steamer Cookbook.
- 4 apples (2 Golden Delicious and 2 Macintosh or 4 of your favorite apples but the apple sauce is better if you)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (depending on the sweetness of the apples and how sweet you want the apple sauce)
- 1 1⁄4 inches piece gingerroot
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and cut apples into 16-20 pieces--the apple pieces should be about the same size.
- In a heatproof bowl that will fit into steamer, combine apples with lemon juice and sugar.
- Add ginger to bowl.
- Place bowl on steamer rack.
- Heat water in bottom of steamer.
- When steamer water comes to a boil, place steamer rack with the bowl of apples, cover and steam for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove bowl from steamer and stir in cloves and cinnamon.
- Cool, but remove ginger before serving.