Recipe by Alberta
I do like easy and good. Using organic apples, just core them. If not then peel the apples first. This is made to your order--the amount you want and the sweetness you like. Prep time depends on if you have to peel the apples or not--cooking time on just how soft you like them. If you prefer to microwave, the time is shortened by about 10 minutes. Use less water, comes out better.
- 1 -2 lb apple, mix varieties
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup red cinnamon candies (or 1 t cinnamon + 1/2 t cloves t allspice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (depending on apple varieties used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Core apples (and/or peel-see message).
- Cut into chunks the size you prefer.
- Put water into saucepan with apples.
- Dump red hot candies over top.
- About 10 minutes into cooking time, mix candies into softened apples.
- Simmer until as soft or done as you like it.