Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Nordic Cookery with Tareq Taylor, a Swedish chef, this is a floral summer dessert made with apples, rosemary, lavender and thick cream. Submitted for ZWT9. I am incredibly anxious to make this because I have lavender & rosemary growing right outside my kitchen!
- 4 apples, 3 cut into wedges, 1 thinly sliced to garnish
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig lavender
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- fresh edible flower, such as marigolds, to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the cream, into a hot pan. Cook on medium high heat for 2–3 minutes. Add the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream and garnish with edible flowers and the thinly sliced apple.
Delicious! The combination of flavors is wonderful. This was made using the directions for 1 serving. It was a relatively large apple and made 2 nice servings topped with vanilla ice cream. The servings were garnished with additional rosemary and pineapple sage flowers. Made for Aussie Swap.