Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this Lebanese recipe in a Mediterranean cookbook & thought it would be delicious.
- 4 dessert apples
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- Peel & core the apples. Cut each into 12 pieces & sprinkle with the lemon juice to prevent from browning.
- Heat the butter & sauté the apple pieces over a moderate heat. Add the pine nuts & raisins, cook for 1 minute then add the honey.
- Immediately after adding the honey stir the apples quickly & frequently so they caramelize evenly. (Be careful not to break apart the apples.).
- Add the orange-flower water to deglaze the apples. Serve hot -- .
An easy and delicious way to dress up apples. Served over a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Delicious! Made as written right down to using quartered apples which made the pieces way to large. Next time will cut the wedges down to maybe about 1/16 . Found the flavors delightful and loved the golden brown color of the apples. Will make again. Thanks so much for the post.
Beautifully good. I used red delicious apples, freshly squeezed lemon juice, I did have to substitute canola oil in place of butter as we are dairy free and it was still 5 stars! I used dark raisins and local honey. I will most definitely make this again. Made for Ramadan Tag.