Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
By using fat-free cream cheese instead of full-fat cream cheese, you save 143 calories and 19 grams of fat, most of which is saturated fat, in each serving. Points 3.
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 apples, cored and sliced
- Place the cream cheese on the counter to allow it to soften, about 5 minutes.
- To make the dip, combine the brown sugar, vanilla and cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Place the apples in another bowl.
- Drizzle orange juice over the apples to prevent browning.
- Serve the sliced apples with the dip.
This recipe is great for a snack, and would definitely work at a party too. I used pecans instead of peanuts because that's what I had. The only other thing I changed was to add a bit of milk to the dip-- block cream cheese isn't quite soft enough for a dip on its own.