Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Spicy & sweet.
- 3 large granny smith apples, cored & sliced
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 ml ground cloves
- 2 ml ground cinnamon
- 15 ml olive oil
- 45 ml honey
- 75 ml butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place all ingredients, except honey & butter, in a large bowl and mix to coat everything with the oil.
- Place in an ovenproof dish, drizzling with honey and dotting the butter on.
- Bake until golden and cooked through.
This is a really yummy side dish! After converting the recipe to US measurements- I decided to cut back on the amount of clove (remember- you can always add more) and I cooked the sweet potatoes in advance (peeled, cubed and boiled on stove until tender) before proceeding with preparing the dish. I tried to cut back on the butter by using more honey and drizzled a little more honey after the dish came out of the oven. Overall- as mentioned- very yummy- and easy to tweak to your own taste.