Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just as the name implies, this cobbler starts with apples, then adds the flaky, tender "crust" on the top. Tastes just like apple pie. In fact, that's what it is - a single-crust, upside down apple pie. Try it and see what you think.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour filling into 9" square baking dish. Dot the top with 1 Tbsp margarine.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the margarine. Work until dough is lumpy.
- Add the milk. Mix into pasty dough.
- Dab dough on top of apples.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and delicious.
Good and easy dessert. I think for our tastes we will add an extra tablespoon of sugar to the topping next time. This was a nice addition to brunch and was ready for the oven in no time. Cooking time is perfect. Thanks for the recipe.
Yum... I made as directed but sprinkled my apples with a little nutmeg, cinnamon and extra sugar before the topping was added. Served with lashings of cream it made for a lovely dessert. Reviewed for ZWT3