Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray; 30 Minute Meals
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger (grated or minced)
- 3 golden delicious apples, quartered, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger and apples to warm butter, squeeze a little lemon juice over the pan and saute 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg to the apples and cook another 2 minutes.
- Spoon apples into dessert dishes and top with ice cream and whipped cream.
- Garnish whipped cream with a pinch more cinnamon or nutmeg.
I loved this and did not even miss the pie crust. This is a great dessert and much easier than pie! Thanks for sharing Stacie Lora, Made for PAC Spring 2010.
My favorite type of dessert is anything with apples. This was fantastic and will be made often in my house. Even nicer I don't have to make a pie crust. Made for Spring PAC 2008.