- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger (grated or minced)
- 3 golden delicious apples, quartered, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger and apples to warm butter, squeeze a little lemon juice over the pan and saute 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg to the apples and cook another 2 minutes.
- Spoon apples into dessert dishes and top with ice cream and whipped cream.
- Garnish whipped cream with a pinch more cinnamon or nutmeg.