Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on a German recipes website. I looks very elegant, and easy!
- 396.89 g can tart cherries, in water
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml cold water
- 2 large apples (or 4 small apples)
- 63.78 g packet slivered almonds
- 236.59 ml apple juice (or white wine)
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice. Add enough water to the juice to make.
- one cup, mix with 1/4 cup sugar and bring to a boil. Make a paste with the.
- cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Add to the boiling water stirring.
- constantly until thickened. Take off the heat, stir in the cherries and place in.
- the refrigerator. Peel the apples and stick almonds around each whole apple.
- In a large pot place apple juice (or white wine), lemon juice, 3 tablespoons.
- sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and stir. Place the apples in the pot carefully.
- so the apples do not touch each other and the almonds remain in the apples.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, cover with a lid and allow it to simmer for.
- 15-20 minutes. Let cool and place each apple carefully on a plate. Spoon the.
- cherries around each apple and serve.