I found this on a German recipes website. I looks very elegant, and easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the cherries, reserving the juice. Add enough water to the juice to make.
- 2one cup, mix with 1/4 cup sugar and bring to a boil. Make a paste with the.
- 3cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Add to the boiling water stirring.
- 4constantly until thickened. Take off the heat, stir in the cherries and place in.
- 5the refrigerator. Peel the apples and stick almonds around each whole apple.
- 6In a large pot place apple juice (or white wine), lemon juice, 3 tablespoons.
- 7sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and stir. Place the apples in the pot carefully.
- 8so the apples do not touch each other and the almonds remain in the apples.
- 9Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, cover with a lid and allow it to simmer for.
- 1015-20 minutes. Let cool and place each apple carefully on a plate. Spoon the.
- 11cherries around each apple and serve.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apples in Stewed Cherries (Apfel in Kirschenkompott)
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 96.4 g
- Protein 9.1 g