Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on a German recipes website. I looks very elegant, and easy!
- 1 (14 ounce) can tart cherries, in water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 large apples (or 4 small apples)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) packet slivered almonds
- 1 cup apple juice (or white wine)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice. Add enough water to the juice to make.
- one cup, mix with 1/4 cup sugar and bring to a boil. Make a paste with the.
- cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Add to the boiling water stirring.
- constantly until thickened. Take off the heat, stir in the cherries and place in.
- the refrigerator. Peel the apples and stick almonds around each whole apple.
- In a large pot place apple juice (or white wine), lemon juice, 3 tablespoons.
- sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and stir. Place the apples in the pot carefully.
- so the apples do not touch each other and the almonds remain in the apples.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, cover with a lid and allow it to simmer for.
- 15-20 minutes. Let cool and place each apple carefully on a plate. Spoon the.
- cherries around each apple and serve.