Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
crunchy sliced fried apples that are usually served usually at breakfast with cinnamon and sugar.
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 pinch salt
- 1 medium egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the flour, and salt.
- Whisk in the egg, tablespoon amd a half of oil,milk, and water until batter is smooth. The batter should be thick enough to stick to the apples, and coat them. If the batter is to thin, add more flour. If batter does not stick, toss the apples with a bit of flour.
- Add and Heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil in a deep heavy skillet to 375 degrees.(This would be the 2 cups ).
- Coat apple slices with batter, and place 4 or 5 slices into hot oil at a time.
- Fry until golden on one side, and then use tongs to flip and fry until brown on other side.
- Drain on opaper towels.
- Stir togrther the cinnamon, and sugar.
- Sprinkle over apple slices, and serve.
I took these to a church potluck and they were a hit. Thanks for the recipe. I did not peel my apples, and used Gala, since that is what I had on hand.
Yummy recipe. Big hit at our house last night. Made for your Football Pool week 10 win.
Oooh, made these for dessert tonight! They were delish! I rolled in cinnamon sugar, so I ended up needing a little more. Might try it with homemade caramel sauce or chocolate sauce next time! YUM!