1/5 Photos of Apples in Pajamas
weekend cooker's Note:
crunchy sliced fried apples that are usually served usually at breakfast with cinnamon and sugar.
My Private Note
apple s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pinch salt
- 1 medium egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1In a shallow bowl, stir together the flour, and salt.
- 2Whisk in the egg, tablespoon amd a half of oil,milk, and water until batter is smooth. The batter should be thick enough to stick to the apples, and coat them. If the batter is to thin, add more flour. If batter does not stick, toss the apples with a bit of flour.
- 3Add and Heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil in a deep heavy skillet to 375 degrees.(This would be the 2 cups ).
- 4Coat apple slices with batter, and place 4 or 5 slices into hot oil at a time.
- 5Fry until golden on one side, and then use tongs to flip and fry until brown on other side.
- 6Drain on opaper towels.
- 7Stir togrther the cinnamon, and sugar.
- 8Sprinkle over apple slices, and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apples in Pajamas
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1136.8
- Calories from Fat 1042
- Total Fat 115.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g