1 hr 15 mins
Another one found online. Can't wait to try it this holiday season! Let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large red onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 (4 ounce) containers applesauce
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 fresh sage leaves, snipped (1 tsp)
- ground black pepper
- 1 medium red apple, very thinly sliced
- melted butter
- sage leaf
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a medium skillet, cook onion in hot butter about 5 minutes or until just tender.
- 3In a large bowl stir together corn muffin mix, egg, water, applesauce, sour cream, cheddar cheese, snipped sage leaves, and a few dashes pepper.
- 4Stir in onion mixture.
- 5Pour mixture into a 2-quart square baking dish.
- 6Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Brush apple slices with melted butter and arrange on top of spoon bread in a pleasing pattern.
- 7Continue baking 25 to 30 minutes more or until spoon bread is golden brown across the top.
- 8Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving; spoonbread may sink slightly in center while cooking.
- 9Sprinkle on sage leaves before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apples & Cheese Spoon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 426.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves