Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful flavor combination. Before you yell gross--try this. I was inspired from seeing something similar at a cafe, but this version is healthier. I also try to keep as much raw as possible, which is why I do not melt the cheese on top and leave the garlic raw for the most potential flavor and nutrients. This will make 4 lite quick servings or appetizers.
- 2 apples, washed & cut in thinner slices (organic if possible)
- 1⁄4 cup cheese (cut into thin slices or crumble, use a cheddar or hard cheese with lots of flavor)
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted (you can use different flavors for a change. pumpernickel. For gluten free use brown rice bread)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or butter, mash it together. * do this step, last)
- When the toast is done, lightly butter both sides with the garlic butter.
- Layer the thin slices of cheese (which will start to soften from heat of the toast).
- Next layer the apples on top
- Sprinkle the leftover cheese on top
- ALTERNATE: Add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on top for a zippy zing.
- * Use all of the Fresh Garlic Butter right away - if not refrigerate immediately, and use with in a couple of days max.