Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 large cooking apples
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel and core the apples.
- Slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place apples in a well-buttered oven-proof dish.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Combine sugar, cream, cinnamon and nutmeg and pour over the apples.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
This was good, but we thought it lacked flavor. I would definitely prefer adding more spices and perhaps some raisins to make it more flavorful. I did like that it was pieces of apple that was baked instead of the entire apple.