Recipe by Sherrybeth
This dish is similiar to a pineapple casserole or an apple crisp. I serve it as a dessert, a side dish with chicken or ham or as a brunch/breakfast dish. My kids LOVE it....
- 2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a well buttered one quart casserole dish, arrange your apple slices.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with raisins, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, butter and cheese.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the apples.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.