My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 sweet apples, unpeeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice (such as Braeburn, Gala or Red Delicious)
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced, plus several whole celery leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons dried currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1Put one-third of the cheese in the bottom of a large bowl.
- 2Add the olive oil and, using a fork, mash together the cheese and oil.
- 3Add the vinegar and continue to mash and to mix.
- 4Add the cream and pepper and mix well to make a thick, chunky dressing.
- 5Add the apples, sliced celery, currants and lemon juice to the dressing and mix well.
- 6Crumble the remaining cheese and sprinkle it over the salad along with half the walnuts.
- 7Mix them into the salad gently and evenly.
- 8Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining walnuts and the celery leaves.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apples and Walnuts With Stilton Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 422.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 8.4 g