Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 sweet apples, unpeeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice (such as Braeburn, Gala or Red Delicious)
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced, plus several whole celery leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons dried currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Put one-third of the cheese in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and, using a fork, mash together the cheese and oil.
- Add the vinegar and continue to mash and to mix.
- Add the cream and pepper and mix well to make a thick, chunky dressing.
- Add the apples, sliced celery, currants and lemon juice to the dressing and mix well.
- Crumble the remaining cheese and sprinkle it over the salad along with half the walnuts.
- Mix them into the salad gently and evenly.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining walnuts and the celery leaves.
- Serve immediately.
I myself liked this. Got a lot of mixed reviews. Most said next time to skip the nuts! I had to add more oil 1/4 cup and cream 1/2 cup! I would even add more raisins.
I loved it and everyone in our party seemed to enjoy the salad. I don't like blue cheeses, so I replaced the Stilton with Feta Cheese. It turned out great.