I got this recipe from the Williams Sonoma Website while searching for good winter salads. I put the recipe down exactly as listed on their website, but I was thinking the addition of some mandarin oranges might be good too. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 sweet apples, such as Braeburn, Gala or, Red Delicious, unpeeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced, plus several whole
- celery leaves (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons dried currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1Put one-third of the cheese in the bottom of a large bowl.
- 2Add the olive oil and, using a fork, mash together the cheese and oil.
- 3Add the vinegar and continue to mash and to mix.
- 4Add the cream and pepper and mix well to make a thick, chunky dressing.
- 5Add the apples, sliced celery, currants and lemon juice to the dressing and mix well.
- 6Crumble the remaining cheese and sprinkle it over the salad along with half the walnuts.
- 7Mix them into the salad gently and evenly.
- 8Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining walnuts and the celery leaves. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apples and Walnuts With Stilton Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.3
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 420.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g