Recipe by KellyMac6
I got this recipe from the Williams Sonoma Website while searching for good winter salads. I put the recipe down exactly as listed on their website, but I was thinking the addition of some mandarin oranges might be good too. I hope you enjoy!
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 sweet apples, such as Braeburn, Gala or, Red Delicious, unpeeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced, plus several whole
- celery leaves (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons dried currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put one-third of the cheese in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and, using a fork, mash together the cheese and oil.
- Add the vinegar and continue to mash and to mix.
- Add the cream and pepper and mix well to make a thick, chunky dressing.
- Add the apples, sliced celery, currants and lemon juice to the dressing and mix well.
- Crumble the remaining cheese and sprinkle it over the salad along with half the walnuts.
- Mix them into the salad gently and evenly.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining walnuts and the celery leaves. Serve immediately.