- 3 pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 3 apples, peeled, quartered and cored
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 small cinnamon sticks
- 400 ml red wine
- 200 ml port wine or 200 ml sweet wine
- 700 g red plums, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pears and apples in a saucepan. Add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, red wine and dessert wine and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10 minute.
- Add the plums and cook for another 5 minute or until the plums are soft.
- remove the sucepan from the heat, cover with a lid and leave to marinate at least 6 hours.
- serve at room temperature with ice-cream.