Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wasn't sure what to call this. This recipe first came to me from my sister-in-law who said she got it from Weight Watchers. She didn't have exact measurements for most items though so I've worked it into how we like it. It's a lovely dish for cold nights with lovely spicy sweet flavors to compliment the savory meat.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 apples, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta (bowtie or spiral works well but use what you love)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, crumble beef into frying pan and brown with onions and garlic.
- When pasta is done, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and set aside.
- Drain fat from the pan of ground beef.
- Place contents of cans of tomatoes into pan, along with apples and spices.
- Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, or until everything becomes saucy and the apple pieces become tender.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
- And leftovers from this are heavenly.
We ALL loved this! Very interesting tasty flavour,rich and robust. Will definately be making this one again,it makes an extremely nice change from the usual ground beef recipes one often sees.