Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried out this recipe yet, but it sure sounds good!
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook and stir for about 4 more minutes (making sure sugar is completely dissolved).
- Continue to cook on the lowest possible heat, uncovered (without stirring) for 15 more minutes.
- This sauce can be refrigerated or stored in the freezer.
An excellent BBQ Sauce. I used it on a Pork Sirlion Tip Roast done on a spit! Wonderful on Pork