Recipe by rochsann
Delicious on homemade waffles, this is nice to serve on a chilly morning. For a special treat, serve with whipped cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In meduim saucepan, heat to boiling all ingrediants, except apple slices.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20- 25 minutes or until mixture is consistency of maple syrup; syrup can be made up to two weeks in advance and refrigerated.
- Before serving, add apple slices and heat for 10 minutes.