Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is posted by request.
- 5 tablespoons room temp butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups minced green onions
- 1 cup chopped granny smith apple
- 1⁄3 cup Applejack
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon drained green peppercorn
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt 2 T.
- of the butter and saute the mushrooms, green onions and apples until mushrooms are lightly golden.
- Add the brandy, chicken stock, and lemon juice.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and cook, stirring often until mixture is reduced by 1/2.
- Add the cream and remove from heat, whisking in the remaining butter.
- Strain the sauce.
- Lightly mash the peppercorns and add to sauce.
- Return to heat and cook until thickened slightly.
- Serve warm.