1/1 Photo of Appledelicious Pie Filling
1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious apple pie filling and easy too! From the Ball Blue Book of Canning. Prep time includes peeling and slicing apples.
My Private Note
pint ab ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, peel, core and slice apples.
- 2Treat to prevent darkening.
- 3Combine sugar, flour and spices.
- 4Rinse and drain apples; stir into sugar mixture.
- 5Let stand until juices begin to flow, about 30 minutes.
- 6Stir in lemon juice.
- 7cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- 8Ladle pie filling into can-or-freeze jars or plastic freezer boxes, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- 9Cool at room temperature,not to exceed 2 hours.
- 10Seal, label andn freeze.
- 11Yield: about 6 pints.
- 12Note: You can can this recipe if you put hot filling into hot sterilized jars and seal properly.
- 13You may cook in hot water bath for 15 to 25 minutes.
- 14I made immediately into an apple pie and cooked at 425* for 15 minutes, then lowered temperature to 350* for 30 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Appledelicious Pie Filling
Serving Size: 1 (4295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 113.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g