Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A twist on plain applesauce! This recipe comes from an older cookbook entitled "The Modern Family Cook Book" by Meta Given. The edition I have was published in 1945. I made this recipe for my daughters quite awhile ago and they enjoyed it. I just recently stumbled across it again and wanted to post it so I don't lose it and so I could share it.
- Wash apricots and soak for 4 hours in enough water to cover.
- Peel, core and slice the washed apples.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the apricots and the soaking water for 10 minutes.
- Put apple slices on top of the simmering apricots, cover and simmer until the apples are tender, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix the sugar with the fruits and simmer 2 minutes longer.
- Serve hot or cold, strained or unstrained, as desired.