Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Life is short - eat dessert first! (Copycat recipe - posted by request)
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
Maple Butter Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Sift flour, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt; sift again.
- Add chopped nuts; mix well and set aside.
- Melt unsalted butter; add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread in a 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with slightly fudgy-looking crumbs.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and maple butter sauce.
- ---To Make the Maple Unsalted butter Sauce---.
- Combine syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add walnuts, if desired.
Oh Miller - this is good - really good!! This tasted almost identical to the applebees one that I order - and pay an arm and a leg for - when I go to applebees. I had to use salted butter as I did not have unsalted - but it turned out fine. I did add the walnuts to the sauce as well - tasted great! Thanks for posting!!
This was so good. I made it for Christmas Eve dessert for my family and we all loved it. It is so rich and the sauce warm over the ice cream we served it with was wonderful. Thank you so much for the recipe. We will be making this again for sure.
i have had this many times at Applebee's. This tastes exactly like the restaurant version!! it is so awesome! chewy and tastey. i served this to dinner guests with vanilla ice cream on the side and it was enjoyed by all. i had to make 3 copies of the recipe to hand out!