Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like the blondie at Applebee's you'll love this copycat version!
Make and share this Applebee's Walnut Blondie With Maple Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
For Maple Butter Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, adding baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again.
- Add chopped nuts, mix well, set aside.
- Melt butter, add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla, blend well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread into a sprayed 9 inch square pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For Maple Butter Sauce:.
- While blondie is baking you can prepare this.
- Combine syrup, butter, and cream cheese in a small saute pan and heat on low heat until everything is melted.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add walnuts if desired.
- NOTE: if you like a lot of sauce you may double this sauce recipe!
- Serve this sauce over finished blondie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Although I wouldn't say this recipe is like the one from Applebee's, it's not to bad. It is extremely sweet and rich, so a little of this dessert goes a long way.
This blondie recipe is awesome! The maple butter sauce that goes with it is nearly identical in taste and texture to a maple walnut syrup that I made and canned earlier in the year so I think that next time I will skip that part and use the syrup that I already have on hand. I will say that the blondie and sauce together were very sweet and rich - it was better with vanilla ice cream but I would go easy on the sauce unless you like things very sweet!