Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my favorite things to finish a meal.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (or more if desired)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄3 cup margarine (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup (I highly recommend using REAL maple syrup )
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the already sifted flour. Then sift dry ingredients again.
- Add chopped nuts and mix well. Set aside.
- Add brown sugar to melted butter and mix well. Then add egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, until mixed well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips. Spread out dough in a 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Use a toothpick or fork to test if it is cooked in the center.
- Serve warm with ice cream and Maple Butter Sauce.
This is awesome! I have always loved this dessert at Applebee's, and this is pretty darn close! I added a 1/2 cup of nuts, left out the white chocolate chips, and added some heavy cream to the sauce to make it more caramel-y and thicker. I have SO MUCH sauce left over that I would recommend cutting it in half. Or you could do like I am right now and bake another blondie cake to go along with it. :) Thanks for a great recipe!
I'm in the process of making this now, but there are no instructions for the last 4 ingredients. I take it those are to make the maple butter sauce. At least I hope so as that is what I am gonna do. You might want to add the instructions for others who may be confused. Thanks!
This is better than good! I have to make this one of my top 5 recipes. I will serve it to all my friends. Thanks so much for sharing. Must serve with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!