A zesty, flavorful vegetable blend from the folks at Applebee's posted in response to a recipe request. Cooking time is approximate.
- 1⁄2 lb cold fresh zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb cold fresh yellow squash
- 1⁄4 lb cold red pepper, 1/4 inch julienne cut strips
- 1⁄4 lb cold carrot, 4 inch x 1/4 inch sticks
- 1⁄4 lb cold red onion, 1/4 inch julienne cut strips
- 1 small cold corn, cob (1-6 "wheel" cut)
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Rinse and wash all vegetables under cold water.
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and squash, then down the center lengthwise.
- Using knife, cut into 1/4 inch bias half moons.
- Slice red pepper in half and remove the stem, core and remove seeds.
- Cut each half in half, then slice lengthwise into 1/4" julienne strips.
- Slice both ends of red onion off, remove peel and core.
- Slice lengthwise for a 1/4 inch julienne cut.
- Peel carrots.
- Trim top end of carrot and narrow bottom end to result in a 4 inch length of (somewhat) uniform width.
- Cut each piece in half lengthwise, then cut the halves into quarters, result should be approximately 1/4 inch x 4 inch sticks.
- Heat butter or margarine in a sauté pan over medium heat taking caution not to scorch.
- Add salt, sugar and garlic.
- Add vegetables (start with carrots and work back up the list- denser vegetables take longer to heat) and cook until hot and crisp/tender.
- When vegetables are all in pan and cooking, add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and parsley.
- Mix thoroughly and serve.
Loved the vegy combination. Did the recipe pretty much as written. However, I didn't have cob corn so I used canned. I wasn't sure if garlic granules was powder or salt so I did 1/2 of each. Cut the butter abit & it came out perfect for us. Thanks for sharing such a tasty recipe.
Oh, I just remembered I forgot the corn!! I was going to use the canned mini type. This still was a colorful and tasty dish. Super easy directions to follow. I put a serving in a piece of Flatout Flat Bread and ate mine that way. I'll make this again. Made for *Healthy Choices ABC Tag 2009* game
Tasty recipe! I substituted fresh broccoli and baby carrots. Thanks!