Recipe by Hobittual
A just wonderful Penne dish with Italian cheese and grilled chicken. Very simple but surprisingly good. This based on a recipe is from Hub Pages Restaurant food at home it is extremely well done.
Top Review by scttnxn
This recipe was very close to the real deal! I had to improvise a bit and made my own homemade alfredo sauce with homemade heavy whipping cream. And I only had macaroni noodles instead of penne. Next time though. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 15 ounces alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces Italian cheese, shredded (Mozzarella, Parmesan, Provolone)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop Chicken and marinade in Italian dressing for 30 minute.
- Chop tomatoes, add oil chopped Garlic and basil to make bruschetta. Set aside.
- Cook Penne in boiling water.
- Grill or broil Chicken.
- Divide pasta between two microwavable bowls.
- Pour Alfredo sauce.over the pasta in each bowl.
- Layer on Bruschetta.
- Add a layer of Chicken.
- Add a layer of shredded cheese.
- Microwave for 3 min, or longer if previously chilled till cheese is melted.
- Serve with Garlic bread.
- Can be prepared well ahead of time in individual bowls, then Microwaved thoroughly.
- NB. I have edited this recipe from the original post. Thanks to JFitz who kindly pointed out I had omitted to include the Garlic in the Bruschetta. JFitz also added the that she cooked the meal in a casserole dish, in the oven. I have done this successfully also, but I have failed at it by using low quality shredded Italian 3 cheese mix. Always use fresh.