Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A just wonderful Penne dish with Italian cheese and grilled chicken. Very simple but surprisingly good. This based on a recipe is from Hub Pages Restaurant food at home it is extremely well done.
- Chop Chicken and marinade in Italian dressing for 30 minute.
- Chop tomatoes, add oil chopped Garlic and basil to make bruschetta. Set aside.
- Cook Penne in boiling water.
- Grill or broil Chicken.
- Divide pasta between two microwavable bowls.
- Pour Alfredo sauce.over the pasta in each bowl.
- Layer on Bruschetta.
- Add a layer of Chicken.
- Add a layer of shredded cheese.
- Microwave for 3 min, or longer if previously chilled till cheese is melted.
- Serve with Garlic bread.
- Can be prepared well ahead of time in individual bowls, then Microwaved thoroughly.
- NB. I have edited this recipe from the original post. Thanks to JFitz who kindly pointed out I had omitted to include the Garlic in the Bruschetta. JFitz also added the that she cooked the meal in a casserole dish, in the oven. I have done this successfully also, but I have failed at it by using low quality shredded Italian 3 cheese mix. Always use fresh.
My daughter asked me to make Applebee's 3 Cheese Chicken Penne so I was very happy when I found this recipe. She thought it was really similar except that I added (4 cloves because I LOVE garlic but my daughter doesn't) too much garlic so she didn't like my version as much but only because of the garlic. I gave it 5 stars because if I didn't add the extra garlic she would have liked it more. In the directions it didn't say where to add the garlic so I added it to the bruschetta. The other change I made was adding some extra pasta and baking it in a casserole dish @ 350 for 30 minutes. I layered everything as the recipe states. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for a great recipe!
NOTE: Made this again with less garlic and my son had the leftovers the next day and thought it was better than Applebee's! Thanks again - great recipe!
When baking in the oven with a casserole dish do you cook the chick before or just add to the pasta and let it bake?
This recipe was very close to the real deal! I had to improvise a bit and made my own homemade alfredo sauce with homemade heavy whipping cream. And I only had macaroni noodles instead of penne. Next time though. Thanks for the recipe!