Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the REAL leaked out recipe for Applebee's Triple Chocolate Meltdown! NOTE: you will need two 6 cake mini Bundt cake pans (for 12 cakes) Also you will need vanilla ice cream. Also you might need a cooking thermometer.
Ingredients for cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark cocoa (use Hershey's special dark cocoa powder)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water (must be exactly at 212 Fahrenheit for best results)
- 1 3⁄4 cups cake flour (preferably softasilk enriched bleached cake flour)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder (preferably double acting)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients for chocolate syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup (see instructions below)
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder (use Hersey's cocoa powder)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (experimental thickening agent, use at your own risk)
- Cake Instructions.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F Line two 6 cake mini Bundt cake pans with tin foil and spray inside of tinfoil with pam (hint: cut foil into small square pieces to line pans with it).
- 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix until well blended, and then beat on high speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Then mix in boiling water with electric mixer (BATTER WILL BE THIN). Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- 3. Bake 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. use knife or shrimp skewers to loosen and carefully remove tinfoil covered cakes from pans and remove tin foil from them and either place them onto prepared plates for serving or freeze them for reheating later.
- Chocolate Sauce Instructions.
- 1. Mix together cornstarch and 1 cup water to prevent cornstarch from clumping.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, mix together cornstarch and water mix, sugar, 1/2 cup of corn syrup, and cocoa powder until well blended and mixture looks like liquid chocolate.
- 3. Bring to a boil over medium heat STIRRING CONSTANTLY to prevent scorching. Once it's just begun to simmer and boil, remove from heat and stir in the other 1/2 cup of corn syrup, and chopped chocolate until melted. chocolate sauce must be right thickness, too thin it will get sucked into the cakes, too thick it won't glaze right.
- Final Cake Preparation Instructions.
- 1. Serve Cakes on dinner plates, put cake on one side of dinner plate and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the other side of dinner plate.
- 2. Carefully pour some of the chocolate sauce into the center hole in the mini Bundt cake until it fills up the hole. Carefully drizzle sauce in a crisscross pattern over plate, cake and ice cream; it should look like what you see in the photo above when done properly. use a chocolate spreading paint brush to paint sauce all over cake to give it that nice looking wet glaze effect.
- 3. Serve cakes hot and watch them blow your friends minds away.