Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have never eaten Applebees Quesadilla burgers but I can say that these burgers are awesome! You can adapt this to make as many burgers as you need. I used a little over a pound of hamburger for 4 burgers and had left over seasoning.
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- diced onion
- diced canned jalapeno
- bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- southwest seasoned hamburger (recipe follows)
Southwest Seasoning mix for burgers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (I didnt measure)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- For hamburgers:.
- Combine all seasoning ingredrients. Use one heaping Tblsp of seasoning mix per pound of hamburger meat. Mix into hamburger meat until well combined. Fry or grill. ( I used George Foreman grill).
- Assembling the complete burger:.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Spread butter on one side of each tortilla. Put one tortilla, butter side down in the hot pan. Sprinkle the cheeses evenly onto the center of the tortilla in the pan- but not all the way to the edges. Put the tomato, onion, bacon and jalapeno over the cheese, add the cooked seasoned burger and cover with the other tortilla butter side up (like a grilled cheese sandwhich). When the bottom is browned, about 45-90 seconds, flip the quesadilla and grill the other side. Remove the quesidilla from the pan and using a pizza cutter, cut throught the middle. Serve.
Awesome recipe...and so much cheaper than Applebee's! I used the smaller 6" tortilla shells and layered the toppings on both sides of the burger. Add a little Ranch dressing on the side and it makes it that much better!
This recipe is delicious!! I would say even better than Applebee's. My three kids and husband loved it also. Will become one of our new fav's!!!! Thanks :)
This was pretty good. I've had the Applebee's version and this is pretty close, minus the sour cream. We added our homemade salsa for some kick.